Cedar City's 5th Annual
CEDAR EXPRESS 31 MILE RELAY
A Team Relay Race!
Saturday, August 16, 2014
Mission Statement: To create an awesome running experience in our home town and share our beautiful city with fellow runners from other cities.
2013 Race Results: Runnercard.com-Cedar Express 2013
2013 Race Photos: Race Photos
WHAT IS A DISTANCE RELAY?
- This express distance relay encompasses runners “handing off” to one another multiple times throughout the day. In the CEDAR EXPRESS 31 MILE RELAY RACE, each team member runs and then hands-off to a teammate. The team member who just finished running then waits until their next leg before eventually they hand-off back to the first runner. Each runner runs two times throughout the day completing roughly 6 miles in total.
- WHAT IS THE CEDAR EXPRESS 31 MILE RELAY RACE?
- This event promotes active and healthy lifestyles. The race starts early in the morning and most teams will finish between 11 AM and 1 PM. Total distance is 31 miles. The course runs through scenic Cedar City and the beautiful landscapes that surround it. It starts high on the mountain overlooking Cedar City, runs down through Cedar Canyon and Coal Creek, past Cedar City neighborhoods and parks, along paved trails, and ends within feet of Park Discovery and the Cedar City Aquatic Center.
While other relays are much longer and have more legs, our goal is to create an awesome running experience with a shorter and more easily achievable level while still challenging the runner. And for you running maniacs who want to go farther, feel free to have fewer than 5 on your team and to run more than 2 legs!
WHY SHOULD I DO AN EVENT LIKE THIS?
Relays are a tremendous team building experience. How often do you get to spend all day with 4 of your closest running friends? Relays are very supportive environments where you’ll meet lots of people with similar interests and these people will cheer you on the whole way. With 5 teammates working together, running 31 miles is a lot more attainable than you might initially think!
- WHY CHOOSE THE CEDAR EXPRESS 31 MILE RELAY RACE?
* FREE High performance running shirts
* FREE goodie bags
* LUNCH provided after the race for each runner!
* Organizing 5 friends is easier than 12 friends as in longer races
* Perfect timing for upcoming Cedar Half & St George Marathons
* BEAT the August HEAT in your town & come to Cedar City's cool end of summer weather
* You can CHOOSE THE LEGS you want to run
* Treats, Music, Finisher Medals, WINNER RIBBONS, & DRAWING Prizes at the End!
* Awesome Prizes such as FREE entries to Cedar Half Marathon & other races, shirts, hoodies, & gift certificates, etc.
Go to the Cedar Express Registration Page to sign up!
We work to improve and add to this site on a daily basis. Please contact us if you have questions.